Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day 17: Yucky

This is going to be a very short post. I woke up around 10 or 11 this morning feeling particularly crappy, even after going to bed around 10. I took a shower and standing there confirmed that I was quite ill. I got out, ate a bowl of cereal, and promptly put my pjs back on. Before passing out completely, I called Dad to wish him a happy birthday even though its the 2nd here. Funny how that works isn't it? I can't remember half of what I talked to the fam about because I was in a stupor. I do remember Dad saying my blog was really intense though and I might freak people out. Is it really that bad? :)

The rest of the day I didn't leave my bed except to go to the bathroom twice. I woke up super hungry around 4:30. I really wanted pasta, but our restaurant was closed and there was no way I was walking somewhere to eat. I had a bowl of nasty condensed soup instead along with some blue poweraid, and then proceeded to snack for another hour or so. This snacking binge included me going to our apartment's convenience store and buying a coffee almond ice cream bar; half because I really wanted ice cream, half because I really wanted to get out of the apartment. Delicious. Helen and I then had an all out marathon connect 4 match; really, this thing lasted for a little less than 2 hours. We're pretty evenly matched, but she ended up beating my by 3 games at the end. Then she brought up her Sudoku book and we did that for an hour and I planned out my day tomorrow. I have heaps of stuff to do so I better be feeling right spiffy in the morning. I'm feelings significantly better, but I'm wide awake with nothing to do and I really should be getting to bed. I think I'll read the the book Grandma lent to me. I was saving it for the plane ride home, but there are lots of nice second hand book shops around and that would give me a good excuse to check them out.

Gosh, what is it about Sundays?

I realized I'm getting behind on my sightseeing. I really need to plan out like a calendar of trips or something. I meant to go to Bondi Beach today, but that would've been difficult seeing as it was rough goings to get across the hall to the bathroom. I'm really happy I got to go to the Surry Hills market yesterday. Man, I am in such a cool city.

2 comments:

  1. 1. My short post is waaaay shorter than your "short post."
    2. I'm super jealous of your adventures, Miss.
    3. Miss you in NOLA. So sad that you won't be here for my "Bat Mitzvah."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wally Moon IV here...it's ALWAYS good to read your blogs because then I know the end of the world hasn't occurred as you are a day ahead...

    ReplyDelete