Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day 71: BushBarfing

Ok you (my family) are going to think I'm nuts, but just go with it. I find this to be Kathryn-antics at their finest, just laugh at me.

So Thursday night after we finish pump class at the gym, Amber needs to stop by Cole's, so we go to Broadway. Spring break is in the forefront of my mind, especially the fact that I've acquired this rather unpleasant gut in Stralia that won't go away despite the fact I've been eating very well and exercising regularly. (Ok, so I eat really well in the daytime. At night something goes wrong with my brain chemistry and I eat everything in sight. I hardly drink anymore but I can't control my late night appetite.) So I suggest we make a little trip to GNC. I have every intention of buying some awful diet pill that totally screws up your kidneys and flushes the fat our of you really well for like a week before you gain it all back in a flash (here's where you can laugh). I just want the gut to be gone in the spring break pictures. I can't look back on these pics and see fat Kathryn looking gross on her once in a lifetime trip. After that, who cares; its winter back in the states. That's reasonable, right? I look over the shelves and talk to the sales guy and we decide my best option is to go with a 7 day detox kit. Instead of ruining my kidneys, it will actually be good for my body and he said it will help prep my liver for the break. Goodtimes.

I have to stick to a very strict diet during the 7 days so when we go to Cole's I stock up on fruit, soy milk, muesli, steamed veggie bags, etc. Then Ambs and I decide that instead of cooking dinner like we intended to do, we should just make a trip up to the food court instead. Brilliant. I go to this "Mexican" place and get an "enchilada." Basically they just heap beef, sour cream, guac, cheese, etc. on my plate. I proceed to gorge myself on this mexi-mess and get really full and quite satisfied. I can do that, I'm starting a detox tomorrow.

We go home, tonight's going to be another all-nighter for me so I can crank out that 3000 word final essay for Outdoor Ed. Such a stupid pointless paper, but somebody's gotta do it I guess. I decide I'll just camp out in Amber's apartment and we'll study party in there. We set up like we're actually working, Amber on the couch and myself at the table. Well, someone left a box of Crunchy Nut flakes on the table so I proceed to pop it open and start eating them. Two huge bowls of Crunchy Nut Flakes later, Ambs busts out the Lite n Tasty cereal. And by busts out I mean the bag rips and it explodes all over the floor. No worries though, I go over and start eating it off the floor. (Clearly I am now in full-on stress eating mode.) I start to feel really sick. Then I spot a box of cookies that belongs to Kris who encourages me to eat them. It doesn't take loads of prompting before I finish them. Ok, now I feel really sick. Like, really sick. Ok and here's where you can laugh again: I decide that it will be really funny to go vom in Amber's flower bed. Haha, ok I think that's really funny. Then I talk Amber into trying it out so I don't feel so bad for tossing cookies in her ferns.

Alright so all this is going on and before I know it, its midnight and I haven't done squat on my essay. Amber and I settle down and do a little work. More like she dozes on the couch before announcing around 1 that she's going to bed. So I just hang out at her table working for awhile. Tim calls me around 2:30 or 3 as the boys are also taking a break from writing this same essay. I go over for half an hour and play a few rounds of hearts. Then I go back to Amber's and call up daddy because this essay is really frustrating and I chat with him for awhile. Around 6, the sun is up and I've gotten down 800 words and have a good idea of the direction I'm taking this thing, so I decide to call it a night/morning.

I walk over to my apartment with all my stuff in tow and when I go up to the door realize that I locked my freakin' key in my apartment! Craps. I walk around looking for the guard and then go to the blue box to call him. Turns out the guard gets off duty at 5 so I try to call an RA. No one answers. Great. My best option is go back to Ambers and crash on the couch. Before doing that, I text Violetta and tell her to text me when she wakes up because I'm locked out. She gets up around 7 so I can finally go home. I promptly crash.

Liam calls at 11 and wakes me up. I end up being grateful for this because I needed to get my day started. I'm really excited to start my detox! I drink a glass of hot water upon waking, wait 20 min, follow it with 100% fruit juice, have muesli and soy milk for brekkie, then for lunch I meet Emily and Amber for $6 Thai. They don't have brown rice so I eat stir fried veggies and tofu. I really like tofu actually. The rest of the day, I hole up in the law library and knock out most of the rest of my essay before its time to go.

Tracey and Arin are celebrating their fake birthday at Soho this night. I in no way like going to the cross, but its a birthday occasion (kind of). I'm a very responsible detoxer and don't drink a drop of alcohol. Grace and Joanna talk me into Subway after Soho so I half a veggie delite wheat wrap with Grace. Late night eating is a breach of detox code, but the food adheres to the rules at least. I swear I will get a grip on this problem.

Today was pretty boring. I just did practical stuff like clean my room and work out. The detox has totally started working though, I had awful gas pain this afternoon and it felt like my insides were rearranging earlier. Haha. Anyway, its Saturday night and I'm about to go to sleep. Like I said, I'm such a responsible detoxer. Oh, notable occurrence today: I booked a 3 day 2 night cruise on a ex-racing maxi yacht with Amber and Tim in the Whitsunday Islands over spring break. I am SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED! Can't wait can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment