Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day 64: Bike Ride

I have a rare moment of spare time with which I will update you on my life. But I'm really sleepy, so it will be in bulleted list form:
  • I gave my presentation on Thursday. After a slightly shaky start, I ended up rocking it. I don't even care if I make a poor grade because I understand the difference between substance and process metaphysics to some degree and presented on it. Good for me, darnit.
  • Liam invited me over Thursday night and we watched Die Hard with his roommates.
  • Friday I can't remember what I did besides go to the gym. Oh yea, we had a bbq at Matthew's house which involved mild degrees of drama btw Amber and others.
  • Saturday I went to the gym then brunch. Ordered the Big Hoochie Breakfast and proceeded to gorge myself on eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, grilled tomato, mushrooms, etc.
  • Spent all of Saturday afternoon sleeping. It was so marvelous, but felt a little wasteful.
  • A friend from work celebrated her 22nd birthday Saturday night, went to her flat then Cargo Bar down in Darling Harbor.
  • Today deserves its own paragraph:

Liam and I went on a bike ride around Sydney we've been planning all week. At the last minute, his dad met up with us which was such an added bonus. Mostly because I LOVE people's parents and haven't hung out with any parents in ages. He picked me up and we drove to a park and then started off. First we went over the ANZAC bridge which I almost like more than the harbor bridge if you're allowed to say that. Then we went through Darling Harbor to the rocks and crossed the harbor bridge! It was gorgeous; no, beyond gorgeous. On the other side we hung out in a little park down by the water for a bit before heading back over the bridge.

Then we went to Lord Nelson's pub which is a micro-brewery. I LOVE micro-brewed beer. So I ended up trying 3 schooners of different ones, all of which Liam's dad bought for me. The best was one called 3 sheets. I've never had beer like it. I want to say it tastes like flowers, but that doesn't make it sound appealing. You'll just have to take my word for it I suppose; or come to Sydney. The three of us ended up hanging out on the patio of Lord Nelson's all afternoon. The weather was nothing short of immaculate. It was the warmest day Sydney's had since I've been here. The guys were generally picking on me, nothing new. At one point I was getting onto myself for drinking in so many calories and Liam's dad told me to quit being a wingeing sheila. Hahaha. I stinkin' love Aussies. Man I love this place.

After we biked back to the car, Liam took me to this place that he swears has the best chicken burgers ever. I don't know if I've blogged about chicken burgers yet, they're extremely popular here. I get them all the time from Aiden's right outside the village and they're popular for a reason. So we went there and I watched them heap the mayo onto my burger and tried not to gag. Back at his house I scraped it all off with a spoon and instead of me throwing it away, he insisted I put it on his chicken burger. So gross. These burgers were pretty good, but also a grease-tastic mess. Liam's backyard is well stocked with furniture: a dining set, several couches, a bed, random shelves, etc. We hung out back there with his roommates for a bit until I got to sleepy and then I took a nap on the conveniently placed bed until it was time to go.

I went back to the village and met up with Amber for church. I still don't like Hillsong. I think tonight was my final time going there, I just really can't take it. Its good for certain people, but I just don't do well with the worship style. And now I'm going to hit the hay. I'm really zonked, even though I managed to rest all weekend. Another big week is ahead, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment