Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 68: Here Comes the Sun

I'm always hesitant to post my whingey/sad blogs because I worry a certain few family members will beome concerned about me. Though, I caution them to fear not; its natural to cycle through periods of sadness. I'll do you one better than cautioning though, by following up on my gloomsday post.

So last night I'm writing that last post after coming home from work and promptly putting on the ugliest and comfiest sweats I can find. I hop in bed and catch a nap while waiting for Amber to come over and eat dinner with me before she goes to church. Well she never calls, so I give myself the go ahead to eat some Thai I have leftover from lunch last week. I then get a phone call from Reed who asks if he can borrow me for 15min, I say sure and meet him down by the Well. He has had a bad day as well and has decided to reward himself by smoking a cigar. A noble reward methinks, so I keep him company and we discuss the Taylor-Kanye debacle and other general things. I'm glad he called, I like hanging out with the guy. I then pop by the corner convenience store to pick up a few things and strike up a long conversation with the guy working behind the counter. He says I look sad, I tell him work sucks, he tells me I'm just complaining. I acknowledge that he's absolutely correct and then we start talking for awhile about psychology and I'm pretty sure he has no idea what I'm talking about. An enjoyable conversation nonetheless.

After that, I go home and get dressed as Noah is hosting a "Wine and Cheese and shit" party (the title of the facebook event). As in everyone is getting together to do what we always do except this time we'll be dressed up and drinking wine. I exchange my sweats for a black dress and mascara but can't bring myself to wear anything other than flip flops as I'm still being a "sooky la la" as some of my Aussie friends would say. (Far as I can tell, that means I'm sulking, but no one's clear about it and its been emphatically pointed out that its 'sooky' not 'sulky.') Then I head to Noah's. Wonder of wonder, joy of joys, Joanna (fellow Tulanian) has brought over Pat O's Hurricane mix that her mom sent her in the mail!! AND there is a full spread of delicious cheeses plus chocolate covered strawberries that Koko brought. Hi, I'm in heaven. Sooky la la Kathryn has left the building. I thoroughly enjoy the rest of the night socializing until we get kicked out of his room and then later the Well by RA's. Everyone goes to Marly after, except for me who decides to go get some rest... but only after I've snuck in a bowl of Coco Krispies. Gaah, shame on me. I know I'm being redundant, but, curse you late night eating!!

This morning when my alarm goes off, I roll over and notice a strange presence in my room. I enter consciousness and dare to pull back my curtains. YES! Its the sun!!! I am instantly overjoyed, I put on my fabulous full length hot pink sundress that I bought in Shreveport just before coming here. Today is awesome. I'm in the library where I'm meant to be working on my outdoor ed final paper, but I felt the need to share. And now, I will keep myself no longer from the task at hand as my all day class marathon begins in approximately an hour. I'm excited for it though; its sunny out.

No comments:

Post a Comment