Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 67: The Funk

I seem to be in a bit of a funk. My uni work is kind of looming over my head in a weird way. I know I’ll get it done, but I haven’t formulated any sort of strategy to accomplish this. That unknown plus the unknown of how my grades are actually going to come back makes me uncomfortable. And then there’s just the annoying/unpleasant stuff: Amber isn’t feeling well. My knee started bothering me during spin yesterday so I had to quit early and today my hip is bothering me quite a bit. I was running late for work this morning and then realized I should probably bring an umbrella with me because the sky looked ominous, and upon returning to my apartment I discovered I locked myself out. I had to go get my wallet to have card access to work so I had to jump through several hoops to get into my room making me even later for work. Not that this matters though, no one really notices when I come in. Yea, work puts me in a bad mood too because its so painfully boring. Another thing is that its really starting to get to me that I don’t have a church or faith community here that I really feel connected to or even like for that matter.

Right, I know, I’m being a total whinging shelia. Honestly, I think what it all comes down to is the fact that the weather has been cloudy the last 3 days directly correlating with the duration of my funk period. If it was sunny, this stuff probably wouldn’t bother me. I checked the weather and we’re not supposed to have a proper sunny day again til Saturday, ugh. Oh well, I know where I’ll be headed Saturday… the beach.

Some good stuff has been going on. Yesterday was Alex’s birthday so we had cake and went to Scruffy’s which was fun as always, but sadly much emptier than usual. Liam picked me up from Scruff’s around 2 so we could go to this legendary meat pie stand since I mentioned recently that I haven’t had one since I’ve been here despite the fact that they’re a dietary staple. When we got there though they had just sold the last pie and were closing up. I suggested Pancakes on the Rocks which is like a nice IHOP that I’ve been meaning to check out. So we went there and split a delicious Mexican crepe. Crap I miss Superior and Juan’s soo much. Liam, being the sweet person he is drove me around the Rocks for a bit and showed me some gorgeous views of the opera house and then we drove over the harbor bridge into north Sydney’s nice suburbs. Its so surreal going on a late night drive past world icons.

Other than that, nothing exciting is going on. Spring break is fast approaching though, which I am sooo excited for! Oh and I’ve been talking to Amber about how I feel about church and stuff. She texted me a little while ago about feeling called to go back to the church she first went to in Sydney so we’re going to check that out on Sunday. Could be promising! And my lunch break is happening in ten minutes, I just felt a surge of glee.

No comments:

Post a Comment