Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day 3: The Case of the Orange Ice Cream Cone

I got my cell phone yesterday. Its so ghetto and adorable! Its a slightly updated Nokia, just like the ones everybody had when cell phones were still kind of a new thing. I love it because it has the beach ringtone on it that my dad had on his Nokia for years. Phone numbers here are the most random things it seems like. In my mind, they all have varying lengths. That can be how it really works though, it just wouldn't make sense. My phone number is 0405832019. I need the practice memorizing it. Also, I neglected to mention my phone has Sudoku puzzles on it. Score.

An update on the bedding I bought: it works! I no longer have to sleep in 7 layers! I slept all the way through the night until my alarm went off this morning at 9:15 and woke up cozy and warm. I have conquered you, jet lag.

This morning Helen and I woke up and caught a bus down to central station where the free Hillsong shuttle picks people up to take them to church. Hillsong has its own fleet of city buses for this purpose. It was everything I expected, but on a bit of a smaller scale, it wasn't actually in a stadium. The praise band was fun though, they were like the International Mickey Mouse Club. There were about 7 of them, representing a wide range of nationalities, singing and bouncing around in front of a choir and the band. They showed lots of videos. Much to my dismay they didn't sing Desert Song, haha. After the service I went to one of their gift shops and was floored that they were selling their newest CDs for $30, and also by the sheer number of CDs they've put out. Following the service I got some oriental food (Chinese, Korean, who knows?) and Helen got KFC haha. I went next door to McDonalds after that because I really wanted some ice cream and was THRILLED to see that they only charged 50 cents for cones!! So of course I got one. Let me tell you, that was some strange ice cream. It wasn't very cold. I have a feeling its just like those Frostys my mom used to tell me about that were around when she was a kid. Apparently they didn't melt, this stuff didn't either. And the cone was orange and not sweet. None of it tasted bad, it was just weird. Such is my life right now ha. Also the McDonalds here have McPastry shops/bakeries in them and full service coffee shops.

Orientation starts tomorrow. I'm really excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment