Friday, October 30, 2009

Day 111: So I lied...

I manage to have a couple of productive days Monday and Tuesday which is really fortunate because we have a cocktail in the Ocean Room on Tuesday night for the internship program promo video. They somehow talked me into being on this video to talk a little bit about my experience interning after I initially declined, because we all know I don't do much of anything at my job. But yea, I'm glad they did because I got a night of free drinks on the harbour for doing it. So I catch the bus down to the Quay with fellow Tulanians Joanna and Sim. Joanna spends the entire bus ride telling us greek mythological stories as she has her mythology final on Thursday. They're really weird and provacative and she talks really loud so we attract a lot of weird looks. We get to the Ocean room and meet up with my BMRI friends. I have something like 3 glasses of champagne in the first 30min setting a horrible pace for the night and make a liar out of myself (inevitable right?). My friends and I have a wonderful time chatting and taking in the harbour views. I look dumb on the video, as I really didn't have anything interesting to say for it (imagine that), and the camera adds 10 pounds to my face which is really gross looking. Or maybe Australia added 10 pounds to my face, its debatable.

While I should go home after the cocktail to do something productive and/or sleep, we decide it would be better to go out. Brilliant, right? First we head to the Argyle as I made a big case for it because I've never been and its supposed to be ledge. And it is quite nice. We have another drink and chat for awhile. Then out of nowhere, someone gets another brilliant idea: (I really can't remember whose idea it was, but all signs point to either Joanna or I embarrassingly enough...) its Tuesday, therefore we should go to Scruffy's! Oh, and we should walk. From the Rocks to Scruffy's. That's a long way, but that's alright! We can do it. (Please note I'm making fun of us.)So we start off and have a jolly time walking there. Tony, Joanna, and I notice a bus going by about halfway there and so we run to the bus stop and catch it the rest of the way there, and I'm quite glad we did. The other girls though were true champs and walked it all the way.

So we get to Scruffy's and take over the downstairs creepo basement that is oh so familiar. I'm quite happy to be down there having a nice breakdown session; it has been way to long since I went out dancing. Then I hear the DJ come over the speakers and yell,"What up Tuesday at Scruffys! Make noise for Jo-ANNA's 21st!!" I look toward the booth and sure enough see her back there.. hahaha. (Just to be clear, it is definitely not Joanna's birthday.) Then DJ Benny starts buying us free drinks, lots of free drinks. So we take turns wearing the DJ headphones, yelling things over the speakers, etc. Its really hilarious. We eventually decide it would be in our best interest to go home and go to bed (seeing as we never should have come in the first place). Before we go, DJ Benny asks for my number so he can tell us where he's DJing around. I think that could be cool as we would be VIPs and all that stuff so I give it to him, yea my real number. Then we head home.

The next morning as I'm sitting in my office chair at the computer in the data room at the BMRI, which I seriously struggled to get to 30min late, I get a text message from DJ Benny. I have totally forgotten that I gave him my number and while reading this message all I can do it laugh at myself and my ridiculous life. Ohhh my ridiculous life. I wouldn't trade it.

No comments:

Post a Comment